Quandary – “a situation in which you are confused about what to do”
This word describes what I go through every time I start to think about which wonderful word to choose for my next post! There are just so many options … do I choose this one or that … or put those two together … are they really the same though? Etc. etc.
“A quandary is more than just a problem, it’s a dilemma where both solutions are equally unpleasant”
During the quandary about where to start writing this post I looked on Google images. (As I do.) I found pictures of an online game called ‘Quandary’. The question was asked ‘Got what it takes to lead a world?’ And I decided to find out.
- there are native animals attacking sheep – build a fence or hunt the predators?
- a well is making people sick – dig a new one or take over an existing one?
- uniforms – to wear them or let everyone choose their own clothes?
Anyway, it was an interesting game. Now the quandary is – will I play in again?
Wonderful Words that are similar to quandary –
- quagmire – an awkward, complex, or hazardous situation
- conundrum – a confusing and difficult problem or question
- impasse – a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of a disagreement